Uses of get

At least some of them ....

Get as a main verb

Our cat seems to be getting thinner. (become)

My grandmother got flu in the holidays. (catch)

What time did you get home last night? (arrive)

Can you get my glasses for me? (bring, fetch)

I got a first-class degree from Southampton University. (achieve)

I`ve decided to get my mother a parrot for her birthday. (buy)

We had to run, but luckily we managed to get the last train. (catch)

I don`t quite get what you mean, can you explain again? (understand)

Get + past participle in causative constructions.

get something done: causative use
This is the alternative to "have something done". Both are used to reffer to actions that the subject initiates or cause to be done, but does no do personally

I`ll have to get my shoes repaired soon.

get something done: non-causative use
Something unfortunate happens to the subject-through no fault of their own.

He got stuck in a traffic jam on the way home.

Phrasal verbs with get

get at:
to keep criticizing somebody
to reach sb/sth, to gain acces to sb/sth
to learn or find out something

get by: survive to manage to live or do a particular thing using the money, knowledge, equipment, etc that you have.

get on: to have a good relationship

get out of: to avoid a responsibility or duty

get round to:
(sth) to find the time to do something
(sb) to persuade sb to agree or to do what you want, usually by doing nice things for them.


Sources:
Oxford advanced learner`s dictionary
Landmark advanced student`s book

to be continued.....