Phrasals units 9,10,11 and 12

Well, it`s been a while since I last published something. I was scratching my balls too much jajaja

Anyway, they are here -phrasals- courtesy of Frank. Thanks dude !

Unidad 9

Put off:

*Delay or postpone. (Let's put off the meeting until everyone can attend.)

*Extinguish (a light, TV, etc.). (Can you put off the lights when you go to bed?)

*Make sb lose their concentration. (Can't you be quiet? I'm trying to do my homework and you're putting me off.)

Pull out:

*Decide not to continue an activity. (Hendry had to pull out of the championship when he hurt his arm.)

*Leave. (The army will pull out of the city as soon as the situation stabilizes.)

*Remove. (The dentisttold me he would have to pull out the tooth.)

Unidad 10

Work out:

*Find a solution to a problem. (I couldn't work out why the house was in darkness. Then I remembered they were away.)

*Happen and develop in a satisfactory way. (Things are working out well for Andrew in his new job.)

*Do physical exercise in order to be fit and strong. (Body.builders are obsessed with working out.)

Take in:

*Deceive. (You can't fool me! I won't be taken in so easily again.)

*Allow sb to live in your house as a favour or as a paying guest. (We took him in as he had nowhere to live.)

*Understand or remember sth you have heard, seen, or read. (There was too much information to take in all at once.)

*Go to see a film, museum, etc. When you are visiting a place. (We took in a show when we were in New York.)

Unidad 11

Fall back on:

*Use for help because no other alternative is available. (If I lose my job I'll just fall back on my savings.)

Fall behind.

*Fail to do sth quickly enough on time. (I'm worried about Anna. She is falling behind with her school work.)

Fall for:

*Be strongly attracted to sb. (I think Robert has fallen for Mandy. He can't take his eyes off her.)

Fall out:

*Stop being friends with sb. (Dave and Alex must have fallen out. The're obviously not speaking to each other.)

Fall through:

*(of an arrangement or plan) Fail to happen. (I thought I had found a buyer for my car but then it all fell through.)

Unidad 12

Go down with:

*Catch. (Jess can't come. She has gone down with a terrible cold.)

Face up to:

*Accept. (Lauren finds it hard to face up to her responsibilities.)

Go along with:

*Agree with. (I'm sorry but I can't go along with our views at all. In fact, I strongly disagree.)

Catch up on:

*Find out. (Let's meet soon. I cant wait to catch up on all the gossip.)

Look up to:
*Admire and respect. (He's a well-respected member of the community; everyone looks up to him.)