Phrasal verbs 7

PHRASAL VERBS

 UNIT 7 (LANDMARK upper intermediate, workbook)

 

come across

to meet or find sb/sth by chance. Find accidentally

I came across children sleeping under bridges.

she came across some old photographs in a drawer.

 

come out

be revealed or made public. To become known

The full story came out at the trial.

It came out that he had been telling lies.

 

come round

to come to a place especially sb`s house, to visit for a short time

Do come round and see us some time.

 

regain consciousness

your mother hasn`t yet come round from the anaesthetic

 

come up

happen unexpectedly

I`m afraid something urgent has come up.

We will let you know if any vacancies come up.

 

come up against

be faced with a problem or difficulty

We expect to come up against a lot of opposition to the plan.

The first obstacle I came up against was making myself understood. No one spoke my language and I didn`t speak theirs.

 

come up with

think of a plan or solution

she came up with a new idea for increasing sales

How soon can you come up with the money.